Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Feast of St. Gertrude the Great

Happy Feast!

Two Prayers...maybe a story later...

O God of love and gentleness,
O Heart that abounds with loving kindnesss,
O Heart that overflows with charity,
O Heart that radiates pleasantness,
O Heart full of compassion,
We thank you for your heart full of love for us.
Invite us into your heart
that we may be totally transformed into love.
~Adapted by Sister Ruth Fox, OSB from the Exercises of St. Gertrude, VII

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, fountain of eternal life,
Your Heart is a glowing furnance of Love.
You are my refuge and my sancutary.
O my adorable and loving Savior,
Consume my heart and with the burning fire with which Yours is aflamed.
Pour down on my soul those graces with flow from Your love.
Let my heart be untied with Yours.
Let my will be conformed to Yours in all things.
May Your Will be the rule of all my desires and actions. Amen.


Blessings,

No comments: