Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Finally @ Home

Greetings,

I know it has been quite awhile since I last posted a note. However, the last two weeks of school were a flurry of papers, presentations, and even a test! I was also happily planning my trip home. I have over a month before I return to the grindstone of education, but now I've returned to the Monastery grindstone.

Our sorrowful way and cemetery walks are filled with the scent of lilacs and apple blossoms! The lanes are lined with white and purple lilac bushes and the orchard is blooming beautifully. The many little flower beds are blooming with tulips, iris, and a few other spring beauties. Most of the trees are in full leaf and all seems green and growing...It is wonderful to be home.

Sister gardener is making full use of my volunteer service while I'm home. Mornings are designated as garden time. Right now we begin with picking asparagus. She has planted only those vegetables or plants that can handle the spring time temperature dips. Soon, it will be time to plant the rest of the vegetable garden (just short of an acre). However, this does not mean we're idle. We have planted two cherry trees, two pear trees, and three other trees of non-orchard nature. After the first morning of service, I was quite tired and chuckled when others asked how I was enjoying my "down-time"...the shovel is heavier than the pages I've been turning.

I'm off to bed much earlier now that I've returned to our prayer schedule plus the gardening. I admit the only piece I don't miss at school is the 6:30 AM prayer. I am glad to rejoin the sisters at the Liturgy of the Hours, but I've never been a morning person...

Well, I'm off to collect some afternoon volunteer ministry!
Blessings,

No comments: