Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer Fun

Greetings,

This week has been wild! My parents camped out at the lake and my sister Joy and her family had a cabin right next to them. The grandkids (my niece and nephews) were all systems go with energy to spare...the grownups had a hard time keeping up. We went to the beach, toured the monastery, checked out the visitor center, fished, built campfires, went to the beach again, and even played at the area arts festival for kids. Whew...I'm tired.

Today, I had my oncology check up. Vinod looked at the numbers, looked at me, and told me to get out since I was too healthy to be there. The nurses and docs at our cancer institute are able to laugh with those who are joyful just as they cry with those in sorrow. Ah, I have another year clear and free of doc visits!

The next two days are set aside for the Community's Spring Chapter meeting. I will be in discussion with our sisters over a variety of issues...keep us in prayer.

Blessings,

No comments: