Thursday, February 4, 2010

"I lie awake..."

Greetings,

There is a Psalm that shares the struggle of the wondering soul..."On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." Psalm 63

The Psalm sings the the conerns of the psalmist and God's loving response. Well, I have been awake the last few nights with concerns and wonderings about where the future is going to lead and hoping that it brings me closer to Community, family, and friends. There is so much unknown right now that my mind sort of swims in it when I settle into my bed for the night. In my prayer, I ask for God's Will and pray for Christ's guidance as I send out resumes and contact various schools about teaching positions. I get good advice from Sisters and professors, family and friends. Then I lie awake again...

I know my heart and soul will settle down and I will sleep again.

Blessings,

No comments: