Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Little Break With A Big Opera


Greetings,

I've been good I promise. After reading and outlining and reading again, I took a little break with a big opera this afternoon. We went out to see The Magic Flute! The company was marvelous even though we were up in the nosebleed seats. The show was almost three hours long!

The cast of singers were amazing! The Queen of the Night had this amazing piece with a lot of the high bouncy soprano vocalization. Yes, I know my technical language of opera stuns you all...but the high bouncy bit was clear, beautiful, and carried right up to our seats with ease. I wish the young tenor had been given more songs. His voice was lovely and very expressive. All too soon the three hours had passed and it was time to go back into the rain.

It was a good break but back to the grindstone.

Blessings,

No comments: