Monday, September 14, 2009

The Exaltation of the Cross

Greetings,

Today, as I was reflecting on the readings for this Feast, I started to think about how we Exalt the Cross without even realizing it. In the heart of our Monastic cemetery is a large cross with the crucified Christ with the words of the Suscipe on the base. Surrounding this cross are the crosses marking each of the resting places of our sisters. Each one reflecting the hope of the Suscipe..."Uphold me oh Lord, according to your Word that I may live; and let me not be disappointed in this Hope I cherish."

We don't use the cross as a symbol of sorrow but one of hope and exaltation in Christ. Each sisters' name lovingly written into the center of the cross as they too are lifted up to Christ.

So, if today you walk along the Sorrowful Way and cemetery, say a little prayer for me; I will be thinking of home and our hope filled reflection of this Feast.

Blessings,

No comments: