Thursday, April 22, 2010

God's Plan

Greetings,

Well, I've received two notices from schools. One school sent a letter regretfully informing me that they decided to hire an applicant with more middle school experience. Another school I interviewed with (and was really hoping for) e-mailed me that they preferred an applicant with more urban experience. Yup, e-mailed, I knew that wasn't going to be good news.

The strange thing is...I'm okay with it all. The interviews were both positive experiences and I feel that I presented my abilities as a teacher well. From here, the schools need to discern who is going to best serve to educate their students.

I'm also continuing my education through this experience...I'm learning to trust. God has a direction in mind "for I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope" (Jeremiah 29:11). One of the schools with which I interviewed is still discerning their choice of applicants and I have been reaching out to another school system; however, with all I do, it is still God's will in the end. I just need to keep trusting that God's plans and my love of students and teaching will connect.

Blessings,

No comments: