Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day

Greetings,

Today, I am luxuriating in God's gift of a snow day! A rare occurrence when one teaches at a boarding school! It is a day for many things...

There is time for grading homework, reading ahead in my textbooks, writing letters to friends...and time for prayer. I began the day with our community prayer with Sister Marietta and then continued my private prayer with a cup of coffee and watching the snow continue to fall. A wonderful way to share my lectio time with God in the quiet of a snow day.

If you are sharing in this snow day, take a moment to thank God for this gift of time. It arrives unexpected and unasked for (except by students) on a day we cannot predict. All we can do is luxuriate in its gift and return the gift back to God through our gratitude!

Blessings,

No comments: