Sunday, November 29, 2009

Advent Begins

Greetings,

A new year has begun and seems like I was just here yesterday. I've always enjoyed Advent; the music, the colors, the candles and greenery. The hope and challenge that fill all the readings...If we're attentive, Christ is calling us all to keep alert for the next four weeks!

Thats all for today...
Blessings,

I just found this prayer on the monialesop blog (Dominicans) and wanted it share it with my family and friends. They offer this 'novena' of St. Andrew 15 times a day from his feast on November 30th to Christmas Day. I might not get to the 15 times a day, but I think it's a beautiful way to remember Advent in the midst of the commercial pre-Christmas blitz.

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary,
at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold.
In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer
and grant my desires, (here mention your request)

through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother.
Amen.

No comments: