Sunday, March 21, 2010

Belate the Celebration

Happy Feast of St. Benedict...tomorrow,

Today is the Feast of the Death of St. Benedict; since it is Sunday, I know they are moving the celebration to Monday at the monastery...but here in Milwaukee, I'm celebrating a bit today. We are hosting Archbishop Weakland, former Abbot, Head Abbot of Benedictines, and Archbishop of this diocese. A grand meal with a tasty dessert is being prepared as I type at the computer. I get to plan our prayer for this evening. We will be using the Liturgy of the Hours from home...minus the chanting. It will be enough to add our slower pace and additional psalms and readings to the prayer. However, I cannot wait for the day when I will get to celebrate our feast at home in the monastery again.

Blessings,

A Prayer Attributed to Saint Benedict
(first given to me by Sr. Doris)

"A Spirit to Know You"

Gracious and holy Father,
please give me:
intellect to understand You,
reason to discern You,
diligence to seek You,
wisdom to find You,
a spirit to know You,
a heart to meditate upon You,
ears to hear You,
eyes to see You,
a tongue to proclaim You,
a way of life pleasing to You,
patience to wait for You
and perseverance to look for You.

Grant me a perfect end,
Your Holy Presence,
a blessed resurrection
and life everlasting. Amen.

No comments: