Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Ladies Weekend!

Greetings,

It's final, they are on their way...in about 50 days! My Mom and two younger sisters are coming to visit at the end of April! I'm so excited to have the ladies of my family come to visit me at school! It will be wonderful to get the chance to show them all around the city and university. Well...better go, I want to keep ahead of myself and homework!

Blessings,

ps...The Icon of the Visitation has always been a strong symbol of Sisterly Support for me. Mary goes to Elizabeth not only to serve her elderly cousin, but also to celebrate with her. Elizabeth greets Mary with joy as she realizes the presence of the Christ and recognizes that here is a woman whose life had also been touched by God's Spirit. The icon is an expression of how important it is to share our deep love and care for each other, and how God too celebrates with us during these moments.

3 comments:

Mrs. McDonald said...

Not to be snarky, but we're your only sisters.

Sister Carol Jean said...

FYI...I have over a hundred religious sisters, but only two younger sisters. You're both my family.

Mrs. McDonald said...

sorry, forgot about the nunly in-laws :)