Sunday, March 14, 2010

Favorite Parable

Greetings,

Today, my favorite parable was the Gospel at Mass; Luke's story of the Prodigal Son. The Gospel story allows for the earnest reader to reflective listener to place themselves within so many characters of the tale. There is something to be learned from each point of view and each time the parable is proclaimed.

This go around, I was struck at how the Father could see the son coming home in the distance. He must have been standing at the roadside everyday, waiting and hoping for his child's familiar shape to appear on the road; believing that one day he would appear and his child would be home. Do I wait with hope and faith for others on this road? Do I trust that God is waiting for me on that same road? Good questions for this fourth week of Lent.

Blessings,

No comments: