Monday, December 14, 2009

An Advent Pilgrimage Stop

Greetings,

Today, I stopped by The Basilica of Saint Josaphat after my morning tutoring with the boys. All I have to say is WOW did those Polish-Russian folk know how to embellish their church buildings! The windows told scripture stories, Franciscan saint tales, and a stories from a few Dominican saints as well. All four side altars and the main altar are surrounded by paintings, mosaics, and phrases in not only Latin but also Polish or something similar.
The body of the church was filled with wooden pews that creaked comfortably when I sat down. I didn't venture up to the balcony level, but they were filled with galleries of pews also!

It was wonderfully quiet inside, it reminded me of the kind of quiet at home. I was able to just sit and be for awhile. However, now that I'm back at the house, there are a few last minute preparations I need to finish for my presentation tonight.

Blessings,

No comments: